On this date in 1967, The Doors and Jefferson Airplane appeared at Cheetah in Santa Monica, California. This was the largest show The Doors had played to date with a crowd of over 3,000.
- Margaret Thatcher died yesterday and I think Morrissey said it best in his piece over at the Daily Beast.
- GRMLN‘s debut LP Empire is due out June 4th and as a precursor to that he covered Vampire Weekend‘s “The Kids Don’t Stand a Chance”. Also, it’s downloadable if you want to follow the link to Soundcloud.
- New York City based act MS MR have filmed an official video for “Hurricane,” the first single off of their upcoming debut release Secondhand Rapture out May 14th on Columbia Records. Filmed in Southern California by writer / director Luke Gilford, the video is a bewitching glimpse into otherworldly experiences of suburban youth.
- Over the weekend, Mary Anne Hobbs premiered Cloud Boat‘s new single “Hammerspace” on her BBC 6 Music show. Give a listen:
- Queens Of The Stone Age has confirmed June 4th as the release date for its sixth studio album…Like Clockwork on Matador Records.
- An intriguing collection of traditional and New Orleans jazz classics, Kermit Ruffins‘ new album We Partyin’ Traditional Style! (out May 28 via Basin Street Records) gives a glimpse of the influences that have inspired Ruffins since his days as youthful street busker. Check out his new single “I Got a Treme Woman” here.
- A new version of TLC’s “Creep” has emerged and even though we don’t really delve into that much Pop it’s a classic song that we all remember and I had a crush on Left Eye.