I’ve received a couple emails asking about the Between the Lines and Liner Notes series we were doing for a few weeks. Because of the flooding that occurred at my apartment they are currently on hiatus. Liner Notes will definitely continue and Between the Lines will make some appearances now and then, but not as frequent. It was a nice idea, but boring as shit. Now the news:
- Odonis Odonis have a new track out from their upcoming EP, Better, out April 16th via Buzz Records. They’ll be supporting Metz on a Spring tour.
- Swedish Duo, Club 8, debuted their new single “Stop Taking My Time” from their upcoming album Above the City, due out May 21st on Labrador Records. You know how we love the Swedes here at The De Mello Theory, well this band is no exception. Expect a full review when the album comes out. On Above the City Club 8 has, among other things, worked with Russian field recordings, children’s choirs, samples from erotic movies and construction sites, used odd building material as drums and recorded in various sites such as basements and staircases to get the right reverb.
- Mumford and Sons or should I say Grammy award winning band Mumford and Sons have announced tour dates for the North American leg of their Gentleman of the Road Tour and other dates that are not included in the GOTR interspersed in-between. The May 29-31 Berkeley Dates stand out in my mind. But see for yourself here.
- MS MR have announced their first headlining tour and released their first official music video. The song, “Fantasy” is off their debut album Secondhand Rapture out May 14th on Columbia Records. This band is going to be huge.
- Caveman are streaming their latest self-titled album over at NPR all week before it drops on Tuesday. Check it out and if you dig it maybe buy it.
- The Tallest Man On Earth will tour the U.S. this summer including dates at Sasquatch and Bonnaroo. He will also perform in cities across the West, Midwest, and South where he has yet to perform since the release of his album There’s No Leaving Now. Strand of Oaks will open on all dates.