On this date in 1995, Rapper producer, and record executive Eazy-E (Eric Lynn Wright) died of AIDS in Los Angeles aged 31. Formed Ruthless Records, worked with Dr. Dre and Ice Cube. And now the news:
- My Chemical Romance announced on their blog (They had a blog?) that they were disbanding after 12 years together. They had their moments, but does anyone care that they’ve broken up in 2013?
- White Fence released a 7″ (I love that these are coming back) “Pink Gorilla” is on side A and “Fragility” is one of the songs on Side B.
- The Laurels announced an upcoming tour in support of their upcoming album Plains out April 16th.
April 24th – Los Angeles, CA – Family Bookstore
April 25th – Los Angeles, CA – Origami Vinyl
April 28th – Austin, TX – Austin Psych Fest
May 1st – Brooklyn, NY – Death By Audio
May 3rd – New York, NY – Cake Shop
May 8th – Seattle, WA – Sunset Tavern
May 9th – Portland, OR – Kelly’s Olympian
May 11th – Los Angeles, CA – The Satellite
- Sea Wolf announced an upcoming headlining US tour through in support of his latest album Old World Romance.
- Generationals have a new video for a “Put a Light Out” their first single off their upcoming album Heza.
- Kisses, a band I absolutely adore, just released a new song and it is fantastic. Can’t wait ’til they come to SF!