Hey the joy of apartment living in SF continues as the neighbor is literally having his apartment gutted and we are stand by waiting to see when they will rip out apartment to shreds like a cat in a ball of yarn. I’ve never been a fan of the first quarter of any year and this year is certainly one of the worst. Now, that my little bit of joy has been dispensed with here’s the news, with a whole nbunch of new music 9!!!!):
- Dungeonesse remixed a Cayucas song and we’re kinda loving it over here. We were dancing around it a circle and it started raining. I’m not saying we made it rain, but I’m also not saying we didn’t.
- Blunderbuss, Jack White’s solo debut has been certified gold by the RIAA, having sold in excess of 500,000 copies in the U.S. Blunderbuss was also the highest charting solo debut and biggest selling vinyl album of 2012 in the U.S., knocking The Beatles’ Abbey Road off the top spot (a position it had held the previous three years), Blunderbuss‘ sales are the highest for a non-catalog LP since Soundscan began specifically tracking vinyl in 2008. If you don’t have it yet Amazon is selling it for $5 all month long.
- Here that sound? It sounds similar to an ’80’s video game and a cacophony of beautiful voices all at once. That Scanners from Camden, UK. They’ve been around for about eight years, but are just starting to catch on here in the states. “Control” is one of the reasons (if you like it get their latest EP Mexico here):
- Iggy and the Stooges are coming out with a new album called Ready to Die (Somewhere Biggie is smilin’). It comes out April 30th via Fat Possum Records. You’d think after almost 40 years Iggy would be slowing down, but “Burn” still has the same ferocity he’s always had maybe a little more.
- Sounding a little bit like the Cure and a little like the Pretenders, Ski Lodge (great name) have crafted an bouncy Indie pop melody that should at least put them on everybody’s radar. It’s called “Just Like You”.
- A Place to Bury Strangers is going on tour with Japandroids. This may turn out to be the greatest experience of your life, kids. Here’s their video for “And I’m Up”