On this date in music history in 1977 Blondie, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers and the Ramones all played a show together at the Whisky-a-Go-Go in Los Angeles, California. Blondie headlined. And now the news:
- There’s a great interview with Thom Yorke and Nigel Goodrich on NPR talking about their new side project Atoms For Peace. Check it out here.
- Yacht remixed Parenthetical Girls song “Young Throats”. Speaking of Parenthetical Girls their new album Privilege will be out February 19.
- Night Moves and Django Django will be doing a small tour together through the US starting March 6th in Brooklyn and ending March 23rd in Los Angeles. More specifics here.
- One of our favorite bands, Lucius, just threw up a live version of their hit song “Turn it Around” on Soundcloud for free download. Get it!
- Some congratulations are in order. The Black Keys won two Grammy’s for Best Rock Song of the Year for “Lonely Boy” and Rock Album of the Year for El Camino. Considering the nominees it’s really hard to argue with that.
- Fitz and the Tantrums, fresh off signing a new contract with Elektra Records, will be releasing their next album, More Than Just a Dream, on May 7th.